How about a rundown of a dozen and a half things I’ve never done?
1. Lived in a house with wood floors. Carpet, linoleum, tile, slate, but no wood. I’m thinking about this as I gaze out over my crappy needs-to-be-replaced old carpet and ponder on what might be.
2. Had a facial. Didn’t even know what one was until about 10 years ago. Not sure I want to do that.
3. Had a C-section. Since I’m not going to be birthing any more babies, I will never have one. I have, however, enjoyed the joy of childbirth both with and without an epidural. If there were such thing as a sarcasm font, I would have utilized it for the word “joy.”
4. Broken a bone. Call it caution, cowardice, or luck.
5. Gotten stitches. Again…weenie, wuss, or wise living?
6. Visited Washington D.C. Maybe I’ll go in 3 years when it’s time for #1 to take his 8th grade field trip there.
7. Seen a horror movie in a theater. I think the only one I’ve seen was one of the Friday the 13th movies at a friend’s 13th birthday party. On a Friday. Freaked. Me. Out. No more scary movies for the cautious, cowardly, lucky, weenie, wussy, wise girl.
8. Flown in first class. Maybe the next time we go to England, I will. I’ll stick the kids back in coach and Steve and I can enjoy ourselves. Don’t feel bad for the kids. I don’t anticipate going back until Baby K is at least 10. That will make the other 3 kids 14, 16, and 18. They can survive in the backseats without us, right?
9. Seen a famous person. Well, that’s not strictly true. I saw Ali MacGraw at the Tesuque Pueblo Market a couple of years ago, but I didn’t know it was her until a friend said, “Hey, don’t look now, but that’s Ali MacGraw over there,” and I, of course, looked. I also met George Bush the younger while he was still governor of Texas. Steve, on the other hand, almost ploweddown in the Albuquerque airport a couple of months ago, and he saw Emmet Smith in the Dallas airport a few years ago.
10. Had a drink in a bar. I’m Baptist, what can I say? I did, however, have my first margarita a couple of months ago. It was wonderful!
11. Gotten a tattoo. I’ve thought about it, though. Pretty seriously even. I never knew what I might like to get until I saw some white ink tattoos recently. I got excited about it, started thinking about designs and stuff, until I realized that NEEDLES are involved. So yeah…no tats.
12. Worked at the same job for longer than a year.
13. Swam in the ocean.
14. Video chatted. I know I should probably get myself and my parents set up on Skype, but I’ve just never done it.
15. Owned a pair of shoes that cost more than $100. My Birkenstocks and running shoes come close, but not over $100.
16. Eaten oysters. Don’t see the point. Ick.
17. Turned down anything chocolate. Don’t see the point. Yum.
18. Lost my cell phone. I’m kind of attached.
When I was responding to my first comment on this post just now (hi Deana!) I realized I left off a biggie. So here’s bonus thing #19: I’ve never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld. We have plans to go…eventually. Maybe I’ll get there before my 40th birthday in 2013.