I’m working on editing my memoir and I need some input from you fine people. My book is called “186 Days: The Marvelous Adventures of the Fabulous Nolens” (TMAOTFN). We moved to England for 6 months back in 2006, and I kept a blog for our friends and family while we were there. The original blog was called “The Marvelous Adventures of the Fabulous Nolens.” I created it late one night and thought it sounded funny. Every post’s title had the word “marvelous” in it.
Here is a sampling of the titles:
- Saturday, July 1: Our Marvelous Day in London
- Sun, July 2: Marvelous Dinner at The Bear
- Mon, July 3: We Interrupt this Program With Marvelous News…
- Tuesday, July 4: Glad We Got Our Marvelous Independence from These People
- Wednesday, July 5: Delivering Nana and the Un-marvelous Trip Home
- Friday, July 7: A Marvelous First for Caleb
- Monday, July 10: Our Marvelous Weekend
- Monday, July 10: Caleb’s Marvelous Retelling of His School Adventures
- Tuesday, July 11: Tuesday is Semi-Marvelous
- Wednesday, July 12: Run-of-the-Mill Can Be Marvelous, Too
This is my question: should I ditch the marvelous and just go with regular titles? Please give me your honest thoughts on this. I have a feeling about what I probably should do, but I’m not sure.