Let’s try this exercise again. I’ll go first.
I am fiercely protective of the contents of my purse. Nobody is allowed to put stuff in or take stuff out. This is mypurse. If you want to bring stuff along, stick it in your pocket, carry it yourself, or get your own purse. So what’s inside is rather mundane.
- checkbook (no cover)
- Luna mini bar (2 Weight Watchers Points value, if you care)
- folding scissors
- three different types of Burt’s Bees lip balms
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 lip color in Very Cranberry (I didn’t mistype that name – there is no “hour” after the 24)
- mostly-gone tube of Mary Kay SatinHands peach hand cream
- keys to my SUV with my YMCA membership card attached
- plastic fork
- more gum (I’m paranoid about bad breath)
- keys to hubs’s SUV
- glasses cleaning cloth
- phone (note the white headphone cord plugged into the phone. I was listening to “Brisingr” by Christopher Paolini while I took the picture and I didn’t want to stop.)
If you care to look closer at my checkbook, you’ll see a colorful stain on the top check. On my way into my Weight Watchers meeting, I tipped the plastic container that had my snack in it and spilled peach and strawberry juice into my purse. Lovely. The snack also explains the plastic fork. I don’t usually carry around disposable cutlery. The meeting was at 8:30 a.m. and I needed some fortification since I don’t eat before the weigh-in, so I zapped some frozen fruit and brought it along. Nice when I was eating it, not so nice earlier when I dumped sticky fruit juice everywhere.
So what’s in your bag/purse?
After I wrote this post, I went into the kitchen and discovered another item that usually lives in my purse: my nail file. I love this thing. Bought it at Boots the Chemist (drugstore) back when we lived in England. The plastic case is ripping, thus my repair job. I need some fancier duct tape for next time I repair it. I wanted to include its picture, so here it is:
‘Fess up – what gems do you haul around?