In case you missed all the post-Christmas marketing, today is Valentine’s Day. Or Tuesday, as I’m going to be calling it. For us, it will be a regular day. If I had my “druthers,” my Tuesday would go like this:
- I get to sleep late. We’re not talking 7:30, either. Full-on teenager sleeping late. Noon or later. Or earlier, if I get bored. And no guilt about not getting breakfast for the kids.
- I get to sit in my comfy chair with my feet on the ottoman and watch whatever shows I want all day long. No Mickey, Jessie, or whatever weirdness my son watches on Cartoon Network. No guilt, either, because my shows are infinitely better.
- A mobile masseur visits and gives my shoulders and neck a workout. To work out the knots and stress from guilt.
- A mobile manicurist visits and prettifies my nails. Because hot pink polish is not the color of guilt.
- I can eat all the chocolate I want with no Weight Watcher points attached. Same for peanut butter.
- My mom visits and takes the kids for the evening. Not even close to feeling guilty because they’ll probably have more fun than I’m having.
- Crab dinner (at home) with hubs. No dishes to wash = no guilt that they’re sitting in the sink not being washed.
- Early bedtime. For sleep. For real. All that guilt-free living takes its toll.
Can I live the high life or what? All this, by the way, is done while I’m wearing my PJs. The only thing that would make it better is if we had a hot tub and I could sit in it for a while.
Lest you think we’re slackers, know this: we’re tired parents of 4 kids. We live in a small town with limited fine dining options. Plus, Hubs and #1 have a fencing class tomorrow night. It’s their first, and I don’t think they should miss it.
So what about your Tuesday? Any special plans? Any normal plans?