Ok, I’m not doing a complete rundown on the contents of my jewelry box. I have a lot of stuff that’s really boring: silver earrings, gold earrings, hoops, studs, etc. I also have one drawer filled with little girls’ earrings: hearts, stars, snowflakes. I have bracelets, rings, necklaces, and watches. Maybe a brooch or two.
What I’m writing about today are the things I like most right now.
So from left to right:
- My dad gave me this bracelet for Christmas. It’s a James Avery piece. I love wearing it because it reminds me of how awesome my dad is.
- My son chose this necklace for me for Christmas. He saw it in a newspaper circular and dragged hubs to the mall to pick it out for me. The little heart-keys spell “M-O-M.” I love wearing it because it reminds me that my son is a rock star for thinking (correctly) that his mommy would like a pretty necklace.
- The sapphire earrings also came to me at Christmas. Hubs totally surprised me with them. They are not my birthstone, so I was puzzled about why he chose them. “They remind me of your eyes.” Wow – 16+ years of marriage and he’s still got it. Need I explain why I love wearing it?
- The ring is my grandmother’s high school class ring. She graduated from the same high school I did 49 years earlier, and she gave me her ring soon after I finished school. How cool is that? I don’t wear it anymore because my fingers are too fat, but when I wore it, it reminded me of what a fabulous woman she is.
- The sparkly bling earrings also came to me at Christmas. One of my mom’s best friends, Lea, gave them to me. Lea is famous in our house because she often gives my kiddos cool books. She’s a school librarian and sometimes has the opportunity to meet authors. My kids have several signed books that she’s given them (Rick Riordan, anyone?). Lea is a generous and wonderful woman, and she makes me feel like I’m not crazy because she’s been a constant supporter/reader of my postings. Plus, when I wear the earrings, I feel like a million bucks – who wouldn’t in that bling?
- The final piece is a necklace that #2 bought for my birthday a couple of years ago when she was almost 7. Does the girl have taste or what? she also bought matching earrings. Totally caught me by surprise when she presented the set to me. It matches everything I own. I love wearing it because she still gets a kick out of seeing me decked out in her gift.
So what interesting things do you have in your jewelry box? Costume bling? Real bling? Aunt Sally’s ivory brooch? Uncle Irwin’s jade cufflinks?