So there’s a joke I love. It goes like this:
There’s a Sunday school teacher telling a story to her preschool class. Due to a momentary brain fart, she can’t remember one specific word in the tale.
“What’s the name of that animal? It’s small, furry, brown, and collects nuts. I can’t think of it. Someone help me out.”
A little boy speaks up, “It sounds like you’re talking about a squirrel, but since we’re in church, the answer has to be ‘Jesus.'”
Makes me giggle every time.
I have Jesus in my heart. Sounds like a simplistic thing a child would say. Works for me. Here are some of the reasons I’m Team Jesus:
- I like knowing there’s something bigger than me.
- I find comfort in knowing the Something Bigger Than Me loves me.
- I’m relieved that the standard of living to which I adhere wasn’t thought up by other fallible people, but by the Creator of the Universe.
- I’m intrigued that the same Holy Spirit that lives within me also lives in other believers around the world and throughout time.
- My hope is based on the Rock of Ages. He’s unshakable. He beat death.
I serve a risen Savior! Happy Easter!
What’s in your heart?