If you follow my blog, you might have noticed that I’ve been gone. February 29 was my last post before yesterday. As I reread it, I remembered how conflicted I felt about stopping all of my writing for several weeks. But I stopped because I felt like God was asking me to. Not commanding, not ordering. Just suggesting.
It was a good 38 days. Wanna know what I did?
- Had an actual date with my hubby
- Didn’t read many blogs or tweets
- Skipped out on a few local writers’ group meetings
- Caught up on “Criminal Minds”
- Failed epically in the Diet Bet I was part of and lost $50
- Agreed to let my almost 11-year-old son play the part of Douglas in a production of “Shadowlands”
- Ran a 5K and possibly won “Worst Mom of the Race”
- Finished my taxes – between federal and state, we’re getting back a whopping $140. Jealous?
- Had Baby K’s formal two-year-old portraits taken (fabulous!)
- Let my big kids participate in a Mileage Club at their school
- Started my summer flower garden in the garage
- Let kid #3 (Lucy/Lily)finally have her birthday party – we made Wuggle Pets
- Discovered that blogging and my memoir manuscript are my “itches” that I need to scratch
- Realized that reigning in my goals is an acceptable thing to do
- Enjoyed a 7 day staycation WITHOUT husband or children
- Painted my bedroom
- Refinished a headboard that looked as if it belonged in a “60s Mexican food restaurant,” according to my mom – she was right
I plan on elaborating on many of these in the coming days. I want you to know that I thought about you, my dear readers, almost every day, and not just because I got a “blog post” reminder on my phone every afternoon at 1:40. I discovered I live life through the filter of this space. I think about what I’m going to write about, how I’m going to craft sentences and paragraphs for you to enjoy, and what pictures might be fun to include.
One thing I will elaborate on right now: I’m not going to be posting every day. I decided that 4 times a week would probably be good. Maybe M/W/F and a weekend post. We’ll see how that works. So watch this space!