…Yosemite Sam singing Cheap Trick’s “The Flame.” Click through to YouTube and watch this. Especially if you were a teenager/young adult when the song came out and can remember slow-dancing to it.
Made me think of other power ballads I’d like to see covered by cartoon characters.
- Pepe le Pew – “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That) “
- Pink Panther – “More Than Words” see what I did there? He doesn’t speak…
- Spiderman – “Love Bites”
- Porky Pig – “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” specifically for that line – Was it something I said or something I did/Did my words not come out right?
- Beavis & Butthead – “High Enough” heh heh. heh heh.
- Spongebob – “Nobody’s Fool”
- Wolverine – “Who Wants to Live Forever”
- Donald Duck – “Patience”
So hit me with your best shot. Who would you like to see sing a power ballad?