I love the DVR – especially since it is attempting to render obsolete all of those pesky commercials during my shows. For that reason alone, I think it’s my favorite home theater gadget. I tend to keep my list tidied up – I don’t like keeping any shows that have already been viewed.
So what’s on my DVR? I’ve got some winners and then I’ve got some real winners, if you get my drift. These are only the shows currently recorded – I have timers set for many, many more. Like Sherlock, Inspector Lewis, Eureka, Bones, The Legend of Korra, and Challenge (but the cake episodes only).
- Once Upon a Time
- CSI (the original only)
- Criminal Minds
- In Plain Sight (alas, no more – the season finale was Friday)
- Big Bang Theory
- Phineas and Ferb (only the new episodes)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Maisy, Team Umizoomi, Minnie’s Bow Toons (for those times we’re desperate)
- Duck Dynasty – love those redneck millionaires
- My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding – watching Irish Travelers and Romany Gypsies in the UK is fascinating…like a train wreck
- My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding – because I couldn’t get enough of the other gypsies
- Rules of Engagement – because the “old married couple” is hilarious. No, actually because Patrick Warburton is hilarious.
- half of Alice in Wonderland – kids had to go to bed before it was over
- America’s Funniest Home Videos – have to make sure I don’t miss the video we submitted
- Wipeout – I hate this show, so the kids only get to watch it when I’m not around
Things Hubs has recorded and will likely never watch:
- Secretariat – Recorded last December.
- U2 Rattle and Hum – Recorded over a year ago.
- Dune – the original. Recorded two years ago.
- Chariots of Fire – Recorded two years ago.
- The Falcon and the Snowman – Another 2-year-old recording.
- Dead Poet’s Society – ditto the 2 years
- Star Trek – The reboot. We OWN this movie, yet it also lives on our DVR taking up precious HD recording space.
- Iron Man – He did watch part of this one.
He’s seen several of these already, but wants to watch them in HD on our ginormous TV. Like that’s ever going to happen. He’d rather be reading a book or playing a computer game than watching TV, so I doubt this last list of shows is ever going to get any action.
So what’s on your DVR? Or Netflix queue?